Two weeks after the official launch of legal online sports betting in North Carolina, the agency responsible for licensing and regulating sports betting and wagers in the state, revealed preliminary financial results, reporting a “strong start” to operations. The North Carolina State Lottery Commission’s take on the recently launched industry and NC’s rapidly growing online sports wagering figures is likely to be driven by the peak of the college basketball season, as reported by the Associated Press (AP).
Strong Online Sports Betting Start from 11 March:
Legal online sports betting kicked off in the “Tar Heel State” on March 11, 2024, to provide an almost immediate opportunity to place b…
Prime Video’s superhero TV series The Boys recently returned for its fourth season, and the show is putting up big numbers. Deadline reported that Amazon announced that viewership for Season 4 through its first three episodes over its first four days was up 21% in total viewers compared to the Season 3 in June 2022. Seasons 3 and 4 both debuted with three episodes right out of the gate.
The Boys isn’t toppling all the records at Prime Video, though, as Reacher Season 2 remains the record-holder on the streamer for most viewers for any returning season on Prime Video over its first four days. The Boys Season 4 is No. 2 in that department. Come from malaysia online casino
Amazon also mentioned that The Boys has expanded its g…
Matt Smith (House of the Dragon, The Crown) has voiced strong opinions against the use of trigger warnings in entertainment. A trigger warning is used to inform people that what they are about to consume–movies, TV shows, music, books, classes, etc.–may contain content that could prompt a distressing response. In an interview with The Times of London, Smith criticized the practice, arguing that it undermines the integrity of storytelling by pre-emptively warning audiences about potentially upsetting content.
“Too much policing of stories and being afraid to bring them out because a climate is a certain way is a shame. I’m not sure I’m on board with trigger warnings,” Smith said. He expressed concern that such warnings could dilute the impact of art, noting, “It’s OK to…
A new report suggests NHL players are increasingly turning to video games and weed edibles during their downtime, as opposed to boozing like players of past generations took part in regularly.
Twenty-two-year-old Maple Leafs forward Matthew Knies told The Athletic that because technology has advanced so much, it’s very easy to “live a virtual life instead of a real one.” Buffalo Sabres forward Peyton Krebs, 23, said, “We’ll all go out for dinner, but then guys will generally go back to their rooms to play video games.”
One anonymous defenseman told the site that playing video games with teammates can help with camaraderie Come from Sports betting site VPbet . “You just have to be more open,” this person said. “I’…
The Copa America has been thrown into disarray after CONMEBOL removed Argentina as hosts amid the country s coronavirus situation.
Argentina were set to stage the showpiece South American tournament, starting June 13 in Buenos Aires, following the governing body s decision to strip Colombia of co-hosting rights due to anti-government protests and COVID-19 concerns in the nation.
CONMEBOL had been identifying new locations in Argentina to replace Colombia ahead of next month s scheduled curtain-raiser between Lionel Messi s La Albiceleste and Chile at El Monumental.
Instead, Argentina will not stage the Copa America – already pushed back a year due to the coronavirus pandemic – as CONMEBOL considers new hosts.
A CONMEBOL informa que, em atenção às c…
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta hints at potential departures after significant incoming transfers (Video)
Arsenal have so far signed four first-team players this summer, and the fifth arrival, that of Oleksandr Zinchenko from Manchester City, is believed to be imminent.
As expected, there are names who will be considered surplus to requirements, which means departures are likely to happen between now and the end of the transfer window. Manager Mikel Arteta has revealed as much.
We have a large squad, we have to make some decisions on the players that we re not going to be using consistently and be fair and straight with them.
Mikel Arteta says that the club will be busy with some outgoings at Arsenal over the next few weeks
— Football Daily (@footballdaily)
…
Paulo Dybala announced his return to the Juventus starting line-up with a match-winning brace as the Serie A champions triumphed 3-1 at Verona.
Dybala was handed a start by head coach Massimiliano Allegri for the first time in four Serie A matches – his impressive early season form having collapsed amid calls from Juve vice-president Pavel Nedved for the 24-year-old to make sacrifices in his private life .
The former Palermo favourite s impact was peripheral to begin with, as Blaise Matuidi netted a sixth-minute opener and Gonzalo Higuain regularly threatened more punishment for second-bottom Verona.
But ex-Juve defender Martin Caceres elevated an all-action showing by firing home a long-range equaliser before the hour and Allegri s men were facing reaching th…
Juventus defender Merih Demiral has been ruled out for at least 10 days after suffering another injury setback.
Turkey international Demiral was taken off 69 minutes into Wednesday s 3-0 win over Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League.
He was making his return to Juve s starting line-up after two games out with a minor injury sustained against Cagliari on November 21.
The Italian giants confirmed on their official website on Thursday that Demiral has suffered a low-grade lesion of the right thigh.
The 22-year will miss this weekend s Serie A derby with Torino, as well as next week s trip to Barcelona in the Champions League.
When you ve got that secret handshake down!
— JuventusFC (@juventusfcen)
Juve, fourth …
Senegalese defender Kalidou Koulibaly could hold talks with Chelsea after revealing there has been no sign of a new contract offer from Napoli.
Koulibaly has been linked with a £23million move to Stamford Bridge, and the 24-year-old said talks with incoming Chelsea manager Antonio Conte may take place soon .
Despite making 33 league appearances for Napoli and helping them to a second-place Serie A finish in 2015-16, Koulibaly has been offered no assurances over his future at Stadio San Paolo beyond 2019, when his current contract expires.
Koulibaly told French newspaper L Equipe that a move was not his intention, though, saying: I was happy to sign a five-year contract with them I did very good things this season and there are proposals on the table.
…
Several top European clubs are showing interest in Feyenoord midfielder Tonny Vilhena, according to Voetbal International.
The 21-year-old appears to have set his sights on leaving De Kuip in the summer and he should have no shortage of offers.
Feyenoord coach Giovanni van Bronckhorst attempted to persuade Vilhena to extend his stay, but the youngster is far from happy with the club’s latest contract offer and is almost certain to leave at the end of the season.
FC Porto, Sevilla, Valencia and Hamburg are all keen on the footballer who has shown a great deal of potential since coming through the youth ranks at De Kuip.
Despite his fragile age, the youngster already has 111 Eredivisie appearances to his name, and has so far scored 15 goals.
Vilh…