Copa America won´t be held in Argentina as CONMEBOL considers new hosts

The Copa America has been thrown into disarray after CONMEBOL removed Argentina as hosts amid the country s coronavirus situation.

Argentina were set to stage the showpiece South American tournament, starting June 13 in Buenos Aires, following the governing body s decision to strip Colombia of co-hosting rights due to anti-government protests and COVID-19 concerns in the nation.

CONMEBOL had been identifying new locations in Argentina to replace Colombia ahead of next month s scheduled curtain-raiser between Lionel Messi s La Albiceleste and Chile at El Monumental.

Instead, Argentina will not stage the Copa America – already pushed back a year due to the coronavirus pandemic – as CONMEBOL considers new hosts.

A CONMEBOL informa que, em atenção às c…

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta hints at potential departures after significant incoming transfers (Video)

Arsenal have so far signed four first-team players this summer, and the fifth arrival, that of Oleksandr Zinchenko from Manchester City, is believed to be imminent.

As expected, there are names who will be considered surplus to requirements, which means departures are likely to happen between now and the end of the transfer window. Manager Mikel Arteta has revealed as much.

We have a large squad, we have to make some decisions on the players that we re not going to be using consistently and be fair and straight with them.

Mikel Arteta says that the club will be busy with some outgoings at Arsenal over the next few weeks

— Football Daily (@footballdaily)

Verona 1 Juventus 3: Brilliant Dybala at the double on Juve return

Paulo Dybala announced his return to the Juventus starting line-up with a match-winning brace as the Serie A champions triumphed 3-1 at Verona.

Dybala was handed a start by head coach Massimiliano Allegri for the first time in four Serie A matches – his impressive early season form having collapsed amid calls from Juve vice-president Pavel Nedved for the 24-year-old to make sacrifices in his private life .

The former Palermo favourite s impact was peripheral to begin with, as Blaise Matuidi netted a sixth-minute opener and Gonzalo Higuain regularly threatened more punishment for second-bottom Verona.

But ex-Juve defender Martin Caceres elevated an all-action showing by firing home a long-range equaliser before the hour and Allegri s men were facing reaching th…

Juventus suffer fresh Demiral injury blow

Juventus defender Merih Demiral has been ruled out for at least 10 days after suffering another injury setback. 

Turkey international Demiral was taken off 69 minutes into Wednesday s 3-0 win over Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League. 

He was making his return to Juve s starting line-up after two games out with a minor injury sustained against Cagliari on November 21. 

The Italian giants confirmed on their official website on Thursday that Demiral has suffered a low-grade lesion of the right thigh. 

The 22-year will miss this weekend s Serie A derby with Torino, as well as next week s trip to Barcelona in the Champions League.

When you ve got that secret handshake down!    

— JuventusFC (@juventusfcen)

Juve, fourth …

Koulibaly could hold Chelsea talks

Senegalese defender Kalidou Koulibaly could hold talks with Chelsea after revealing there has been no sign of a new contract offer from Napoli.

Koulibaly has been linked with a £23million move to Stamford Bridge, and the 24-year-old said talks with incoming Chelsea manager Antonio Conte may take place soon .

Despite making 33 league appearances for Napoli and helping them to a second-place Serie A finish in 2015-16, Koulibaly has been offered no assurances over his future at Stadio San Paolo beyond 2019, when his current contract expires.

Koulibaly told French newspaper L Equipe that a move was not his intention, though, saying: I was happy to sign a five-year contract with them I did very good things this season and there are proposals on the table.